Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year

Today is the first day of a brand new year. Many people take time to look back over the past year and take inventory of the good and the bad and from that they make statements such as "That was bad year. I hope the next one will be better" or "That was a great year. I'm excited for what's to come." I was wondering why we do that. Why do we wait for one day a year to look back over the past year and why is it that one day a year we resolve to do better the next year? We should really be waking up every morning, being thankful for that day and resolving to do better that day. We don't even know if we have another year. We only have that one day for sure. So, I guess if I must make a resolution it will be to wake up everyday and be thankful for that day. Do better that day than the day before and with each new day resolve to be more like Christ. I will not wait for next year. Happy New Year!

1 comment: