Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Results are in

I hope you have all enjoyed the suspense. I have not. The waiting is just below torture in my book. But here is to a few more minutes of suspense while I fill you all in on the details.

Bed rest was bliss. I thought it was going to be difficult sitting on the couch not doing anything for 4 days but besides missing my family like crazy I loved catching up on Grey's Anatomy and knitting baby hats in hopeful anticipation. The windows were open and the breeze blew the chimes outside the window. It felt like I was on the beach, well I kind of was...just not sitting on the sand. F cooked some awesome meals while I was there. I loved being taken care of for 4 days. As a stay at home mom you don't have opportunities to lay around and watch your choice of television and be waited on and cooked for. Even though it was so nice to hang out with T and F and be waited on, by the end I was ready to come home and see my family.

All week I had planned on taking a home pregnancy test on Thursday morning before I left. I really wanted to be able to tell T and F in person that they were going to be parents. So Thursday morning came and I was so excited I woke up at 5:30. I knew this was a little early to get a positive pregnancy test but it wasn't impossible so I still had high hopes. I took the test and then started video taping. I wanted to get my reaction and the answer on tape. I was shaking as I looked. Not Pregnant. What?? Really? Those two little words hurt. I was so disappointed even though I knew it was early. I had played it over and over again in my head how things would go and how I would tell them that morning. And now I couldn't. I spent the rest of the morning outside reading while T and F worked. I counted down the hours until we could get on the road. I just wanted to hug all my boys.

We headed out about 2 and anxious to get out and away from LA traffic. I had to be in Visalia to pick up a fundraiser by 6. Well with all of the traffic I made it by 7. Luckily the awesome fundraising chairperson took care of things until I could get there. We finally made it home by 9. It was a long day. Travis was so anxious to find out if I was pregnant he talked me into taking another one that night. I had bought a box of 5 tests and he assured me he would buy me more when we ran out. I warned him it was still early but he didn't care. Once again I took the test and pushed play on the flip recorder. Once again not pregnant. I was more prepared for those words this time so it was not as disappointing.

Oh to sleep in my own bed felt amazing. Having to go back to giving myself injections, not so amazing. I thought it would get easier but in fact a brain doesn't really like allowing a person to inflict pain on their own body. Every time I would get up the nerve I would stop myself. I finally just sucked it up and did it Thursday night. I did it again all of Friday and then told Travis it was just getting too hard for me to do it myself. He said he would try and we grabbed an orange to practice. He decided he was just going to do it. I told him all I needed him to do was poke the needle in and I could push the oil in. He did it perfectly and oh what a sigh of relief to know that he could now help me with that. You're a stud babe!

That night (Thursday night) I tossed and turned all night anxious for the morning just so I could pee. Is that weird I was excited to pee? I don't think so. I had told F that I didn't have the heart to tell her everyday that the test was negative so we had agreed that if I didn't call her it meant I had gotten a negative test. I took the test that morning and once again started the flip. I didn't give it enough time before I looked so I kept watching the blinking timer that they have on the digital tests. It felt like forever. Through the screen of the flip I saw Pregnant. I had to look closer because I didn't have my glasses on and I was sure I just missed the "Not". But it was real. It actually said Pregnant. I ran down the hall hoping Travis was still home. He was walking across the kitchen and with tears streaming down my face I told him I was pregnant. I can't remember the feeling I felt when I found out I was pregnant with my own children but I'm sure the feelings were close. I wanted to do something special to tell T and F but I just couldn't hold it in. I called them at 7 and the first thing F said was "No Way!" I said, you two are going to be parents. We all were still in shock that I was pregnant and that we knew so soon. F called Dr. H and asked if we could move up the blood test since we have already had a positive home test.

I didn't want to share the news until we were a little more sure that this baby (babies) are staying. I had a blood test on Monday and my level was at 142. Higher than average and a number to feel good about. We were all still holding our breath until we got the numbers back today. T and F had a previous experience where they found out they were pregnant and then knew they were losing the baby once they saw the second set of numbers. That wasn't the case this time. Today the numbers needed to double and they came back as 414. Everyone took a huge breath, a breath we had been holding since April 10th. We have another blood test on Friday and then an ultrasound hopefully on May 3rd. On the 3rd we will find out how many babies are in the oven. I will soon put up a survey on my blog to let you guess how many you think are in there.

We don't know what will happen tomorrow or next week or in 9 months but we are continuing to pray in God's will. We are grateful for this first step and praying that he will bless us in the rest of this journey.


  1. Yay!!! That's AWESOME!!! God is AMAZING!!!! <3

  2. Oh my goodness, yay! I've been waiting for this blog post! :)

  3. You had me at "Pregnant"!!! ;)
    I am so incredibly happy for all of you!!! ((big hugs)) to you all!! xoxo

  4. hooray! i can't wait to hear everything! i'm crying at my desk at work. :)

  5. Wonderful news! You are an angel!

  6. Hip hip hooray!!! I've been checking your blog
    everyday! So happy for you and F & T!!!! Hugs, Auntie S