Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sunday is Transfer day

Yesterday was such a fun, exciting, crazy, hectic day. Can a day really be all those things? I say yes. I had an ultrasound scheduled for 9am and blood work at 10:20. My ultrasound that I had on Monday showed that I wasn't quite where my doctor wanted me to be so she wanted another one. For those of you who don't know, we are artificially preparing my body to get pregnant. This means making the uterine lining thick enough so the embryos will have a nice cushy place to land and implant.

Monday had been a very long day sitting around waiting to hear back from the doctor with results and I knew yesterday wouldn't be any different. I tried to keep myself busy so I wouldn't go crazy, but that's hard to do. I kept thinking, if they don't call me back then I won't have time to take 2 progesterone shots today and then it will push our transfer back another day.... I was trying to control a situation I had no control over. This is a big issue that God has been trying to teach me through all of this...let go of control and rest in me. Isn't it funny how we have to keep learning the same lessons over and over again. Geesh!

I finally get a call at 2:00 from the physician assistant and she gives me the sweetest news I've heard so far. You're ready! She went over the rest of my protocol and told me our transfer will be on Sunday. She instructed me to go and give myself a shot when we hung up the phone. Do what, when???? There wasn't anyone who was around to give me my first shot and I needed it right then. I had given myself a shot in the arm before when we were practicing in nursing school but this was different. This wasn't practice anymore and it was in my rear. I was so nervous as I drew the medicine in the needle and made sure to put on the smaller needle for the injection. As I was getting ready a sweet friend of mine calls me. God is so amazing in his perfect timing! She stayed on the phone with me as I geared myself up, pinched a hunk of skin, took a deep breath and poke. I was relieved at how painless that was. Then came the part of pushing oil through a very small needle. It didn't come out easily and I was freaking out a little. I think I even freaked her out because I wasn't saying anything as she tried to ask if I was okay. Slowly but surely the oil left the syringe and went into my body. I did it!!! Well, then I got to do it all over again in the evening but the left side was much harder since I am right handed. On a positive note, one day down and about 12 weeks to go. I just keep picturing what T and F's baby will look like and it makes all of this worth it. I picture the look on their faces when they see their baby for the first time and I am reminded why I wanted to do this in the first place.

So, immediately after I gave myself the injection I had to pack up my candle boxes, the kids and some snacks and hit the road. We needed to be in Visalia to deliver a fundraiser by 3:45. On our way back I had to stop and pick up another fundraiser that had just ended. The kids were wonderful so I told them we would wait for the ice cream truck and they could get a treat. And that was dinner. I felt like I hadn't stopped all day and I was exhausted. Another good friend of mine came over colored my hair and dusted my house. Thank you so much Megos. Finally, I bought myself the groupon for Lasik to have done when all of this is over. Oh I can't wait to see without having to search around for glasses.

It was such a wonderful day amongst the craziness. This is getting so exciting and so real. It has been almost 4 months since we started this journey filled with ups and downs and now in 3 short days I will have their babies tucked away in me. I am praying that God's will is for this world to be blessed by the presence of those sweet miracles. Please keep all of us in your prayers as this has been and will continue to be an emotional roller coaster especially for T and F. I am also trying to get ready to leave my babies for 5 days. It is quite a task trying to get me ready to go and them ready to stay but I am so blessed with such amazing family and friends to help in this process. Thank you all for following in our journey and praying for us along the way.

1 comment: