Sunday, August 19, 2012

2 week wait

I don't seem to remember feeling so anxious during the 2 week wait last time. I'm sure I was but this time every minute seems to drag on forever constantly analyzing every "symptom" or lack there of.  I have a headache, could that mean I'm pregnant?  I'm feeling really hot all of a sudden, maybe I'm pregnant or maybe it is because it is over 100 degrees...again.  Plus, with all of the medication I am on, most of the "symptoms" could be from that too.

Two weeks feels like eternity when you are waiting for a pregnancy test.  Some women go through this month after month hoping and praying that their dreams of a child will finally come true all the while starring down a pregnancy test.  Such a little thing holding so much power and costing a small fortune.  Peeing, then waiting, then holding it at every angle thinking well, maybe I see something.  Then calling in a second pair of eyes only to be shown that your mind is playing tricks on you.  And this happens all the time, all over the world.  In my book it is just below torture. 

The transfer on the other hand was a good day.  K picked me up at 6:30am and we headed over to Clovis Community Hospital.  I was given 2 small bottles of water to drink, and then hold it in.  That part wasn't so pleasant. As we were getting on the elevator the embryologist got on with us.  We thought that was a good sign and told her to pick us the very best embryos.  I got ready in my fashionable hospital gown and waited to hear the news on how many and the quality of K and G's embryos.

(I have my lucky transfer pants on)

The doctor came in and told us that they had many embryos at all different stages but they had 5 at the blast stage.  The blast stage is the best stage they can get so we were very encouraged.  We had already decided before that we would transfer 2.  So they picked the best 2 and got everything ready.  I got wheeled into the procedure room.  This time no one was allowed to come in with me.  It is so weird because they tipped the bed where my head was down and feet up.  And after the procedure they left me like that for about 15 minutes before wheeling me back to the recovery room.  K sat and kept me company for the next hour.  We had a great time talking and laughing while we let the little ones get all snuggly inside.

Then I came home and sat on my couch the rest of the day.  And layed in my bed the whole next day.  Thank you so much to my sister-in-law Kara for hanging out with my little guys all day on Wednesday and to my mother-in-law Donna for hanging out with them on Thursday so I could rest and give these little ones the best chance I can.  That truly was another memorable day.

While I was transferring and hopefully starting a new chapter in K and G's lives, my mother was on the opposite side of the states closing escrow on her parent's house and that chapter.  It has been 1-1/2 years trying to sell that house and trying to say the final goodbye to what that house meant to our family.  It was a bittersweet day but one that will never be forgotten.

Stay tuned...I will have blood test results in a week from tomorrow.        


No comments:

Post a Comment