Monday, July 30, 2012

Short update

I have been on the Lupron now for a week and I had an ultrasound this morning to monitor how my body was reacting to it.  So far I haven't really felt any side effects except for the headache that came on two nights ago and lasted about 24 hours.  Luckily I slept through some of it.  The appointment this morning was quick and to the point which I appreciate.  They said everything looked good and gave me my next set of instructions on how and when to take my other medication. This includes lowering my dose of Lupron by a lot which I am really happy about.  It is so crazy how each doctor has their own protocol and way they do things, so even though I've done this before things are very different.  The amount of appointments and blood work I am required to do is less.  The medications are different and even the medications that are the same are administered differently.  It is exciting to still have some suspense with the whole process and not really knowing what is coming next.

K will be starting her medications tomorrow to start stimulating her eggs for the retrieval.  So while her eggs are being stimulated, mine are not but the lining of my uterus is being built up to have a nice thick, welcoming environment for the embryos.  I just still can't get over how amazing it is to be able to prepare both of our bodies each in a unique way so that she is ready to release eggs and I am ready to grow them.

So, sorry that this isn't that exciting.  Just wanted to keep you in the loop of what is going on.  We have another ultrasound next week to monitor how each of us are doing and taking to the medications. We should have a better idea of the egg retrieval and transfer dates next week.  Until then we are taking one day at a time with my family slowly getting ready for school to start on August 20th.

Since this update isn't so exciting here are some fun pictures:

My cousin Madyn kicking cancer's butt 1 day at a time and lookin' good doing it



Celebrating 4th of July



Impromptu trip to Yosemite for the day 


Kamryn's Visit 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment