Sunday, April 1, 2012

Time to fundraise



Little Miss Madyn has now been fighting her battle with Leukemia for 10 months and she is doing amazing. She is now in maintenance phase which means no more planned hospital stays. Whoo hoo! She is also able to go out in public, play with friends and do all of the things a "healthy" 2 year old can do. She was even able to be a flower girl in our Aunt Lyn's wedding in March, and what a beautiful flower girl she made walking down the aisle with her amazing older sister.

Me with the gorgeous flower girls.


Cousins


The beginning of the year didn't start out so well. Madyn landed in the hospital with an infection and had to stay there for nearly 3 weeks. Each day brought hope that her levels would rise enough to be released and disappointment when they hadn't. They were finally released just in time to go home and watch their Giants win the Superbowl. And although I don't support their team choices I love this sweet family. Their strength through all of this is an inspiration.



While Madyn continues to fight this awful disease their family continues to need financial support. That 3 week stay in the hospital was not cheap and even with insurance there are a lot of out of pocket expenses and certain things that just are not covered. So we are starting back up with fundraising again to help lessen the load for their family. We want them to put their focus and energy on keeping Madyn and their whole family healthy and not on bills.



Please join me in helping this family. Our goal is to raise more money than last year. Last year, from all of our fundraising efforts, we were able to donate over $5000 to their family. I am also still growing out my hair to donate to Locks of Love and my sister-in-law Kara is joining me in doing this. The button on the side of my blog is still available if you would like to make a donation. We are also doing a fundraiser at Skywalk. Once I pick a date I will let everyone know. I am also going to be putting together a soccer tournament so if you have ideas, want to play or know of someone who could help please contact me. I will be offering the candle fundraiser again if anyone would like to take a packet and collect orders I can come up with dates for selling. We are also asking if anyone would like to host their own fundraiser please do so. We did yard sales, poker nights, candle sales etc. last year and if you would like to do something like that it would help tremendously.



Thank you all so much for your continued support for this family. The Frazier family has commented numerous times how the help and support from family and friends is what is helping them through this difficult time. They and myself appreciate it more than words can say. God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment