Saturday, July 16, 2011

Ahhhh!

So I have allowed myself to succumb to the tears. But only for tonight because tomorrow is a new day. I feel easily frustrated and lack the great amount of patience needed to raise two very busy boys. Therefore, I feel like a terrible mother. My house is a mess, laundry is piling up around me and the sink is full of dishes. So I will let the tears fall.

And then, I will continue my list of things I am grateful for. I know there are a lot. I don't want to sit and wallow in self pity but the hormones are currently taking over my good sense and I am letting them. I felt that the only way to focus on what is really important is to look at all the things I am grateful for.

63. A little 22 month old who smiles through the chemo and says "bye bye Jo Jo" as I leave



64. Waking up to 64 degrees in my house in the middle of July

65. Friends and family who give with their whole hearts and expect nothing in return

66. Fresh cut grass

67. Purple plums right from the tree

68. Family bike rides



69. The first little flutters of an unborn baby

70. Playing dress up



71. Kiddie pools





I feel better. Tomorrow is a new day.


1 comment:

  1. everything changes, this too will be over. I keep telling myself this now, and I had to tell myself it when I was pregnant. I secretly wanted to put my family on craigslist, to a good home. Because I felt like a terrible mother and they deserved better. You'll get to a place again soon where you will have more energy and more ability. hugs friend!

    ReplyDelete