Thursday, January 15, 2015

Transfer dates...take 4

"You have a beautiful uterus." - Nurse practitioner
Not a compliment one hears everyday but for a surrogate it is one of the best compliments we can get. This was from my appointment on Monday. Everything looked good and so I was sent home with instructions to continue all medications the same and they would call me to let me know if I needed to come back in for another ultrasound on Thursday or just give me final instructions.

I ended up going in again today just for one more peek to make sure things were still going well. "Lovely, even on this machine, which is hard to see." This NP sure knows how to make a surrogate feel good. Since we have been through this process a few times and they were a bit backed up with patients they let me go home and said they would call later with final instructions.

So, the good stuff. I get to start the progesterone on Saturday along with routine antibiotics. This will be the same day the eggs are retrieved. Once the embryos are made and resting in their petri-dish there will be a decision made on if we transfer on day 3 or day 5. I always hope for a day 5 transfer because it gives the embryos a little more time to do their cell division thing. We are looking at next Tuesday January 20th or Thursday January 22nd. I can't believe it will be in 1 week or less. January has flown by. I hope to be able to write again once I hear the final date.


No comments:

Post a Comment